hereinafter referred to as “Landlord” is the owner of or agent of units named in Appendix A of this agreement and wishes to maintain gas service at said locations when not occupied.:
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of mutual agreements:
1. It is mutually agreed that the sole purpose of this document is to maintain gas service at the rental property of Landlord when the departing tenant asks Piedmont Gas Company to discontinue service.
2. Piedmont Gas Company agrees to continue its service to such location and transfer the billing to Landlord of the unoccupied premises.
3. Landlord agrees to be responsible for the payment of all gas service rendered during this interim period and, upon request, provide Piedmont Gas Company the forwarding address of prior tenant as it is available.
4. It is understood and agreed that this agreement does not cover discontinuance of service resulting from lack of credit references, failure to pay security deposits or bad debt at time of tenant turn on, or for non-payment of gas bills or infractions stated in Company Tariffs.
5. Landlord shall notify Piedmont Gas Company in writing of intent to terminate this agreement. Should Landlord relinquish operation of covered units, Piedmont Gas Company will be immediately notified in writing with name and address of new owner. Until such notice, Landlord agrees to be responsible for all interim gas service. Delinquent bills could result in termination of this agreement and refusal to provide this service in the future.